Although we come to the community from varied backgrounds, we align on a shared goal to lead by example and embody health. Some of us are health professionals, some aren't, but we are all humans deeply involved in our health journey and have a desire to learn.
Community is a powerful catalyst for action. Whether it's researching new information, attempting to change our lifestyle, or looking to find meaning and fulfillment in our work, being part of a community makes the journey more enjoyable.
We live in different cities, on different continents and have different lives but we connect, share and engage with each other through virtual platforms and consider ourselves a tribe. Like in any tribe, everyone has a role to play. Here are some of our current ones:
- Student: Foot Nerd currently completing the program
- Tribe member: Foot Nerds who have completed their program mémoire and debrief call to become official community members. Non contributing role.
- Contributor: Community member who is actively contributing value as a creator, team leader or helper) [roles formerly known as Faculty/Nerd Support]
- Academic Elder: Contributes wisdom to the SC (formerly known as member of the academic advisory board)
- Chief Nerd: Leader and face of the Foot Nerd community (reports to the Elder council)
[Starting 2021] Elder council: Leadership board of the Foot Nerd Community